Download all source before compiling the port

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 05:27:28 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 4:19 PM, David Wolfskill <david at catwhisker.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 08:15:04PM -0300, Rafael Rodrigues Nakano wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a way to download everything required by a port before starting
> > build it and its dependencies (so I can let it to build later without an
> > internet connection). Thanks in advance.
>
> I have been using (and still use) "portmaster" to update
> locally-inistalled ports on a couple machines (one of which is my
> laptop).
>
> Quite some time ago, I started running "portmaster -aF" specificially
> for this purpose (while rebuilding base FreeBSD), prior to a subsequent
> "portmaster -ad" (after the reboot).
>
> Caveat: portmaster is ... rather deprecated of late.  See ports@
> archives for further discussion on that topic.  (in fact, Ii'll redirect
> this to ports@, as it's a ports issue.)
>
> Peace,
> david
> --
> David H. Wolfskill                              david at catwhisker.org
> Those who would murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous
> cowards.
>
> See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.

I am not aware of its deprecation. It now has a maintainer and has worked
flawlessly for me (as I assume, it has for you). It is clear that some
people world like to see it deprecated, but it is still widely used and I
see no reason to change as long as it continues to be supported. Things it
does, like -aF, make it seem the better choice.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com