Firefox 47.0 hangs when accessing cnn.com

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Tue Jun 7 15:42:56 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 08:04:23AM -0453, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

> FWIW, I just checked available pkg's using 'pkg version -vRL=' & nothing
> showed up for firefox: You might be a bit closer to the *bleeding* edge
> than you think w/ the ports version. I'm using firefox-46.0.1,1 from
> pkg's w/ no issues. $0.02, no more, no less.

I fear that you may be right about me being close to the bleeding edge with
firefox. It certainly wasn't my goal. I simply ran 'portupgrade -a' and there
I was (once it completed). Before updating to version 47 my version 46 seemed
to be ok (would crash once in a while, but at least it worked fine most of the
time).

--
Bob Willcox    | Which is worse: ignorance or apathy?
bob at immure.com | Who knows?  Who cares?