Zimbra Port

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Wed Jun 1 14:19:59 UTC 2016

Sorry for the top post.

We use Zimbra on an Ubuntu LTS VM with storage via iSCSI.

Given the magnitude, I honestly don't think ports or packages is really the way to go. I believe that most people use a dedicated (to Zimbra) server or VM.

If I were to approach this project, I'd do it outside of ports, maybe on github, or possibly as a VM image.

That's not to say it can't be done, rather that a project of this size requires a layout that is not native to FreeBSD ports, and it's so massive with so many moving parts, having to comply with the ports infrastructure, and to maintain it, is probably far more effort than it's worth.

Jim Ohlstein