Re:?==?utf-8?q? devel/sope: make (stage-qa) now fails with DEVELOPER=yes complaining about iconv dependency

Euan Thoms euan at potensol.com
Tue Jul 26 02:03:08 UTC 2016

On Friday, July 22, 2016 16:00 SGT, Mathieu Arnold <mat at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> +--On 12 juillet 2016 23:08:52 +0800 Euan Thoms <euan at potensol.com> wrote:
> | I'm the maintainer of devel/sope2 (required for www/sogo2).
> |
> | Upon updating the port for an upstream version increment, I now get an
> | error running "make" when DEVELOPER=yes is set in /etc/make.conf. The
> | upstream project is in maintainence so I'm almost certain there's no
> | changes in the upstream source requiring new dependencies. Especially not
> | to do with iconv.
> |
> | It does NOT help if I add USES+=iconv to the Makefile.
> |
> | I will continue to submit the ports update patches, since I use things
> | like "make check-plist" and "portlint -AC" always. I suspect it may fail
> | in poudriere though.
> |
> | Below is the error message after runnning "make":
> |
> | gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/devel/sope2/work/SOPE'
> | ====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
> | ===>   Installing ldconfig configuration file
> | ====> Running Q/A tests (stage-qa)
> | Error:
> | /usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries/libNGExtensions.so.4.9.203 is
> | linked to /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2 from converters/libiconv but it is
> | not declared as a dependency Warning: you need USES+=iconv
>
> In that case, you will need USES=iconv:port.

Thanks, but if you look elsewhere in this thread, I mentioned I fixed it by just adding the LIB_DEPENDS myself (libiconv.so:converters/libiconv). In other words, I didn't use the USES macro since I don't know which variant to use (USES=iconv:wchar_t or USES=iconv:translit). If I'm still missing something, please let me know.

Reference: https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2016-July/104026.html

--
Regards, Euan Thoms