[FIXED] Re: portmaster --check-port-dbdir is broken for me

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Sun Jul 24 14:23:41 UTC 2016

Am 21.07.2016 um 15:18 schrieb Walter Schwarzenfeld:
> Thorsten, after the remove of the  patch portmaster find the right files
> which are not installed, and nothing other.
> It seems is was the patch.

Sorry if my patch broke some of portmaster's functionality.

I had tested the behaviour of the loop with and without the patch
(you can repeat my test by adding "set -x" after the line reading

	echo "===>>> Building list of installed port names";  echo ''

and "set +x" before

	echo "===>>> Checking $port_dbdir"

The trace output is identical (except for the variable assignment
in all_pkgs_by_origin() for the patched file) and $unique_list is
identical throughout the loop.

BUT in case of the patched version, $unique_list is created in the
second process in the pipe, and lost when that process terminates.

This should be fixed in SVN rev. 419005.

Thanks for reporting and sorry for the incompete testing that I
had done for the initial patch.

Regards, STefan