curl and nginx no longer build on same host

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Sat Jul 16 02:21:34 UTC 2016

Hello,

> On Jul 15, 2016, at 10:03 PM, Euan Thoms <euan at potensol.com> wrote:
>
> Bump
>
> Can anyone else install or update ftp/curl after installing nginx?

Yes, but I'm building packages using poudriere, not using portmaster.

> The only way I'm able to update now is to uninstall openssl and nginx, then update curl, then reinstall nginx (which pulls in openssl). This was not required on several previous update cycles.

If memory serves me correctly, nginx and curl both require openssl from ports only if certain options are chosen (http2 being one), or at least that was the case in the past.

You may have option(s) selected for one that requires the version from ports, and one that does not.

Have you tried to force usage of openssl from ports in your /etc/make.conf?

--
Jim