Porting OpenCPN

Kubilay Kocak koobs at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 13 09:50:08 UTC 2016

On 13/07/2016 7:39 PM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Please forgive me if you see this message twice: I think the first time
> it didn't get through...
>

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to port OpenCPN (http://opencpn.org/ocpn/) and I'm up to the
> point where the program seems to work; I couldn't try any GPS hardware,
> though.
>
> In case anyone is interested in having a look, you can find it here:
> http://www.netfence.it/download/OpenCPN_port.tbz
>
> Still, I've got a couple of questions...
>
> There is no downloadable archive for OpenCPN, so I "git cloned" the
> source, created a tarball and put it on my website (as MASTER_SITE).
> Does the port infrastructure allow for direct "git clone" instead?

Hi Andrea,

For GitHub there is ports infrastructure, using USE_GITHUB=yes and GH_*
variables. For usage, see our Porters Handbook:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html#makefile-master_sites-github-description

If the code isn't already on github, you can clone -> push it into your
own repository, and use USE_GITHUB in the port from there.

./koobs