What happens to the ports for platform i386

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 11 20:21:07 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 11:55:53AM +0300, Ivan Klymenko wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Dear maintainer and committers.
> Please check what you are doing before heading to the world.
> What happens to the i386 platform?
> If it is so difficult to keep it clean it all from the official site
> https://www.freebsd.org/platforms/
> i386 platform almost everywhere and is constantly broken.
> cross-platform build, including ports:
>
> devel/libffi
> http://pastebin.com/q2amknag
> security/libgcrypt
> http://pastebin.com/xJTDxRxu
> math/gmp
> http://pastebin.com/ibaXeFJp
> graphics/jpeg-turbo
> http://pastebin.com/cfpu3k4d
> graphics/svgalib
> http://pastebin.com/fXp6t9r2
> multimedia/xvid
> http://pastebin.com/J468Ts1Y
> audio/liba52
> http://pastebin.com/0GqyidMS
> audio/flac
> http://pastebin.com/dFLBUpEd
> archivers/unzip
> http://pastebin.com/rE3AHzPB
> devel/liboil
> http://pastebin.com/kdqypsxq
> multimedia/libfame
> http://pastebin.com/NSd7adYZ
> security/nss
> http://codepad.org/VjumGYA0
> graphics/libvisual04
> http://codepad.org/7VirQ15W
> databases/firebird25-client
> http://codepad.org/EVCYbBju
> math/lp_solve
> http://codepad.org/28YvZcz6
> audio/lame
> http://codepad.org/PjvxHTrY
> net-im/tox
> http://codepad.org/wwwRayBW
> archivers/p7zip
> http://codepad.org/ISKwqTTs
> security/clamav
> http://codepad.org/iNeSQLTS
> graphics/goom
> http://codepad.org/VIjhFxvO
> multimedia/cuse4bsd-kmod
> http://codepad.org/bSF0L0Xr
> devel/libunwind
> http://codepad.org/yt5hinbF
>
> And most importantly - as if no one notices or is indifferent to it,
> what is happening in FreeBSD.

Please refrain from accusing people before any investigation:

Latest i386 build for head
Success: 25433 packages
Failed: 79

I think i386 is in pretty good shape, and we are actively looking at it,
building the entire ports tree on regular basis.

> Install FreeBSD to their workplace and use it - what you are doing for
> yourself - or do not use and do not do anything for FreeBSD.
>
> Thank you for understanding.

I strongly suspect something is wrong in your setup
Your poudriere make.conf if full of strange stuff:

in
#### /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf

For example:
OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=c6_64
OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS=c6_64

You ask the 64bit version of the emulation for i386? o_O

I see: WITH_CCACHE_BUILD=yes

Aren't you using the same poudriere to build both amd64 and i386 jail maybe the
ccache is messing up between both?

CFLAGS.clang+=*

This is supposed to only work with base and has nothing to do with ports (should
be better in src.conf files)

.if ${.CURDIR:M/usr/ports/*}
MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=${JN}
WORLD_FLAGS+= -j${JN}
.endif

WORLD_FLAGS for portS???
MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER should not be added in make.conf but rely on poudriere.conf for
that.

All that said I think your main issue is due to CCACHE try cleaning up your
ccache dir

Best regards,
Bapt