A few problems with Gitlab

Vlad K. vlad-fbsd at acheronmedia.com
Mon Jul 11 11:52:45 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-11 11:18, Vlad K. wrote:
>> There was a bug in older versions of the GitLab port. This is fixed
>> since 8.8.X is in the portstree.
>
> Ok, I'll try with the latest repo.

I reinstalled everything from scratch (it's a VPS dedicated just for
gitlab), with the latest version and I have it running now. The reason
for timeout it seems is that I missed the step to precompile assets.
That thing really takes a while...

However, `service gitlab start` still fails unless I manually symlink
the .gitlab_shell_secret into /usr/local/share/gitlab-shell/. I am
starting it as root (of course) but, again, the rcvars are unchanged by
me, app_user is default, "git".

# pkg info gitlab
gitlab-8.8.7
Name           : gitlab
Version        : 8.8.7
Installed on   : Mon Jul 11 09:57:42 2016 UTC
Origin         : www/gitlab
Architecture   : freebsd:10:*
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : devel www
Licenses       : MIT
Maintainer     : tz at FreeBSD.org
WWW            : https://gitlab.com/
Comment        : Web GUI for managing git repositories
Annotations    :
         repo_type      : binary
         repository     : FreeBSD
Flat size      : 25.7MiB
Description    :
GitLab is version control for your server.

WWW: https://gitlab.com/

--

Vlad K.