java in firefox and jnlp launch - help needed.

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Mon Jul 4 11:33:51 UTC 2016

Wojciech Puchar wrote on 07/04/2016 13:17:

>>> no iKVM64 in java.library.path
>>>

>> The supermicro java console requires a linux native binary (ikvm64)
>> which cannot
>> be loaded in freebsd.
>>
>> To have it working you need the linux emulation and linux-oracle-jre18
>> port
>>
>> then you can run your jnlp with
>> /usr/local/linux-oracle-jre1.8.0/bin/javaws
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bapt
>>
> good servers, but they HAD TO F...K it up.
>
> I found management interface to listen on port 5900 (VNC) but no VNC
> client can connect.

I agree that Supermicro remote mgmt is worse on newer machines (in some
aspects)

I never tried to connect with VNC to 5900 of Supermicro mgmt, but you
can really try this standalone app
ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/utility/IPMIView/Linux/IPMIView_V2.11.0_bundleJRE_Linux_20151223.tar.gz

If you never tried it - it allows you to save configuration with list of
your servers, connect to management and see sensors, networks and user
settings, reboot server, set some values of mgmt like vendor, model,
name etc. and run SOL and KVM console.
It works for new and old servers too. Some standardized IPMI values can
be accessed even on non Supermicro servers.

Miroslav Lachman