what to do when base openssl isn't suitable

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Sat Jul 2 11:20:28 UTC 2016

On 02/07/2016 04:29, Don Lewis wrote:
> I've got a port that does not work with base openssl because it looks
> for libssl.pc.  Other than that, I don't think it is picky about what
> flavor of ports ssl is installed.

If it is looking for libssl.pc then it is using pkg-config to get the
CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS to use for openssl.

Search the Makefiles for  pkg-config openssl --cflags --libs or the
variable substituted equivalent, then patch it to suit. If you want to
use the system openssl then manually adding -lssl -lcrypto where it adds
the result from pkg-config should work.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler