Remove options from poudriere option files for ports which were removed in the port

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Fri Jul 1 10:47:35 UTC 2016

Matthias Fechner wrote on 07/01/2016 12:17:
> Dear all,
>
> it seems that poudriere can only add new options to its own options
> tracking, but cannot remove options that where removed from the Makefile
> of the port.
>
> Concrete example is for mail/postfix
>
> The option SPF was removed (2016-02-28):
> https://www.freshports.org/mail/postfix/
>
> But if I execute:
> poudriere options -j 103amd64 -f 103amd64-pkglist
>
> it will not remove the option from the options file:
> 103amd64-options/mail_postfix/options
>
> Is there a possibility to clean up all the option files without starting
> again at zero with:
> poudriere options -c -j 103amd64 -f 103amd64-pkglist

I don't think it's worth the effort. The old no longer existent options
stored in the options files are harmless and simply unused by the ports
Makefile. The options files are not intended to be user editable /
viewable. The old options will be removed when some changes will be saved.

And I am not sure that this is a problem of poudriere. I think it's
rather issue in ports options framework. Isn't it?

Miroslav Lachman