New port assistance for mlr

jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 06:27:02 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I'm attempting to port this to FreeBSD ports/packages:
https://github.com/johnkerl/miller

I've been building it from source for months and worked with the
developer several times to improve things for FreeBSD, so now that
he's got it stable, I'd like to bring it to FreeBSD.

My question regards how I get my Makefile to show what's actually
needed to build the package. This is what I do to build from src:
cd miller/c
make -f Makefile.no-autoconfig CC=clang
and then install to /usr/loca/bin/ with:
sudo Makefile.no-autoconfig CC=clang install

My current Makefile:
PORTNAME=       miller
PORTVERSION=    3.3.2
DISTVERSIONPREFIX=   v
CATEGORIES=     textproc

MAINTAINER=     jungleboogie0+mlr at gmail.com
COMMENT=        Like sed, awk, cut, join and sort for name-indexed
data such as CSV

LICENSE_FILE=   ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}/LICENSE.txt

USE_GITHUB=       yes
GH_ACCOUNT=     johnkerl

WORKSRC=        ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}
WRKSRC_SUBDIR=  c

.include <bsd.port.mk>

fail:
# make
===>  Building for miller-3.3.2
make[1]: cannot open Makefile.

make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/distfiles/work/miller-3.3.2/c
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/distfiles

If this is covered in the handbook, I kindly ask that you link me to
it so I can learn from it.

Thanks!

--
-------