Fw: Unexpected dependencies of graphics/libGL

Luís Fernando Schultz Xavier da Silveira schultz at ime.usp.br
Tue Jan 19 04:50:28 UTC 2016

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 03:19:23 +0000
From: Luís Fernando Schultz Xavier da Silveira <schultz at ime.usp.br>
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: Unexpected dependencies of graphics/libGL

Hello,

Since the beginning of this year, graphics/libGL and friends started
depending on a significant amount of software, including git and bzr.
Could anyone explain why that is and whether it is possible to avoid
such dependencies?

Also, there is a dependency on clang and llvm from ports because of
advanced features that I (and I guess many of us) do not require.
I believe it has to do with the Gallium driver and OpenCL.

Just a suggestion: it would be pretty nice if there were some port
knobs to avoid pulling in another toolchain from ports to build
software that is never run.

Thank you,
Luís Fernando