Problem with package library dependencies after update from 8.4 to 9.3

Paul Keusemann pkeusem at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 04:58:20 UTC 2016

Matthew,

Thanks for the pointer.

On 01/12/16 19:28, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 10:46:46AM -0600 I heard the voice of
> Paul Keusemann, and lo! it spake thus:
>> and I now have a number of installed packages that are claiming
>> libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 as a required shlib but there are no packages
>> that provide it.  It does exist in /usr/local/lib.
> This would be the mildly annoying behavior of pkg since a couple
> updates ago, where it doesn't recognize shlib symlinks right.  I think
> there's been a thread or two about it.  I'd just ignore it.

In case somebody else runs across this, here are links to a couple of
threads I found with Matthew's help:

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/should-i-care-about-pkg-check-d-output-if-my-systems-are-installed-and-updated-via-ports-system.53416/#post-300372

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-pkg/2015-October/001329.html

It looks like there's no incentive to fix this in pkg, so hopefully
someone will fix the package.

Thanks everyone.

Paul Keusemann			                     pkeusem at gmail.com
4266 Joppa Court		                     (952) 894-7805
Savage, MN  55378