Problem with package library dependencies after update from 8.4 to 9.3

Paul Keusemann pkeusem at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 16:46:50 UTC 2016

I am in the process of bringing a neglected FreeBSD 7.2 machine up to a
more recent O/S and have run into a problem with package dependencies.
I used the upgrade option in the FreeBSD-8.4-Releas installer to upgrade
form 7.2 to 8.4 then used freebsd-update to move to 9.3.  With the move
to FreeBSD-9.3 I also converted to the new package system and I now have
a number of installed packages that are claiming libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
as a required shlib but there are no packages that provide it.  It does
exist in /usr/local/lib.

When in run ``pkg check -Bda'' I get a bunch of messages similar to the
following:

    avahi-gtk has require a missing libraries: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
    brasero has require a missing libraries: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
    clutter has require a missing libraries: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0

I have tried a number of things (from reinstalling to deleting and
installing all of the problem packages) to clear this up but nothing has
been successful so far.

At this point, I don't know iflibgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 is necessary or if
it should be removed as a requirement.  I'd just like to know how to
clear this up.

Paul Keusemann			                     pkeusem at gmail.com
4266 Joppa Court		                     (952) 894-7805
Savage, MN  55378