FreeBSD Port: awscli-1.9.11

Daniel Neades djn at araxis.com
Tue Jan 12 13:06:01 UTC 2016

Hello,

Following a 'pkg update' this morning on my FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE-p30 system, a very simple 'aws sync' command stopped working with the error shown here:

> # /usr/local/bin/aws s3 sync --region=us-east-1 s3://downloads.araxis.com/ /backups/s3/downloads.araxis.com/
>
> 'Session' object has no attribute 'get_default_client_config'

A quick hunt online for this error turned-up this:

	https://github.com/aws/aws-cli/issues/1670

That page states:

> If you are not using 1.3.11 of botocore, you will get the error that you pointed out.

The current FreeBSD py27-botocore port is py27-botocore-1.2.11, which seems very old (the latest botocore release is 1.3.17). This old version of botocore therefore seems likely to be the cause of my 'aws sync' failing.

Please would it therefore be possible to have the py27-botocore port updated to the latest available version, and the awscli port’s dependencies appropriately updated?

Many thanks in advance.

--
Daniel Neades
Araxis Ltd