graphics/giflib: Update to 5.1.2_1 breaks GIF rendering in Konqueror

Patrick Hess patrickhess at gmx.net
Mon Feb 29 17:26:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

After upgrading graphics/giflib from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2_1, Konqueror won't
display GIF images in web pages:

    http://www.phess.net/images/giflib-bug.png

On the left hand side, with giflib 5.1.1, everything looks as expected.
On the right hand side, after upgrading giflib to 5.1.2_1, none of the
GIF icons are rendered correctly. Only the Fresh Ports logo and the two
magnifying glass icons are still there (as they're JPEGs, not GIFs).

I personally prefer using Konqueror over that obese Firefox for most of
my web browsing, but it feels like I'm the only one. Is anybody else out
there using Konqueror and can confirm (or disconfirm, for that matter)
this behaviour?

This happens on 10.1-RELEASE-p29, on both amd64 and i386, using packages
from the latest pkg repo. Tried clearing the browser cache, didn't help.
Going back to giflib 5.1.1 "fixed" it for now.

Patrick