Completely unscientific poll: cfengine, puppet, other?

Chris Inacio nacho319 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 19:11:37 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I was considering adding some more support into some tooling/ports for
FreeBSD and I thought it would probably be good to get configuration
management support some thought.  So I can understand under certain Linux
flavors (e.g. RedHat) that puppet is the de facto choice - since the
distribution packager has chosen one.

Is there a dominant one for FreeBSD?

Happy if you would just reply with which one, if any, you use.  If you want
to add more to the conversation, that's fine.  I understand the mailing
list I posted this to and the likely audience - as I said I started think
about this from adding more support into some ports.

Thanks
chris inacio