mail/postfix and mail/postfix-current need upgrading

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+freebsd at ijs.si
Sat Feb 27 01:45:32 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-26 20:32, Carmel wrote:
> The experimental version of Postfix has been labeled "postfix-current"
> for as long as I can remember. To change it now would really confuse
> some users.

This was indeed the case (postfix-current == "The experimental"
(development) version) a few years back. It was kept closely
up-to-date with the latest development release. I lived under
impression that it still is supposed to be so (but just happen
to be lagging a bit) - but apparently this is no longer so.

I wish the postfix-current would track the latest development release
as it used to do. It made it possible for FreeBSD users to more
fruitfully contribute back to the project by quickly responding
to new features and potential problems.

If this is deemed unsuitable, then there should be a new port
mail/postfix-devel to track the latest releases  (although then
I don't know to what purpose a postfix-current would serve).

   Mark