mail/postfix and mail/postfix-current need upgrading

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Fri Feb 26 14:05:51 UTC 2016

On 02/26/16 14:51, Mark Martinec wrote:
> On 2016-02-26 14:26, Guido Falsi wrote:
>> On 02/26/16 14:16, Mark Martinec wrote:
>>> In ports we have:
>>>   mail/postfix-current 2.11.7
>>>   mail/postfix 2.8.0
>>
>> Your information is outdated:
>>
>>> grep PORTVERSION /usr/ports/mail/postfix/Makefile
>> PORTVERSION=    2.11.7
>>
>> (you can also check http://www.freshports.org/mail/postfix/ )
>>
>> Are you upgrading your ports tree regularly?
>
> Apology, got versions wrong (looked at a wrong location).
>
> Nevertheless, my original problem remains:
> can't have both the mailman and postfix 3.* at the same time:

I think the mailman problem is caused by a dependency thing. The mailman
port depends on mail/postfix.

You could locally modify the port and build your own package as a
workaround.

You can add an option to the mailman port to depend on postfix-devel.

If you'd like thee postfix port to be updated your best bet is sending a
patch through bugzilla.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>