help make port for opencoarrays

Tijl Coosemans tijl at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 22 12:13:57 UTC 2016

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 09:50:01 +0000 David Chisnall <theraven at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> On 22 Feb 2016, at 09:01, Tijl Coosemans <tijl at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>> I think Fortran is fine.  It's C++ that's in a bad shape.  I think the
>> lang/gcc* ports need to be modified so libstdc++ sits on top of libcxxrt
>> instead of libsupc++.  Maybe David can say more about that (CCed).
>
> Ideally, they should be modified to just use libc++.  I thought that bapt
> had done this, but I might have misremembered.

Now I remember he created USES=compiler:gcc-c++11-lib which modifies
CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS so g++ uses libc++ headers and library.  That works
inside the ports tree but it still leaves g++ cumbersome to use on the
command line.

What about libcompiler_rt, should the gcc ports use that library too
(for its personality function for instance)?

The base system still seems to be using the unwind implementation from
gcc.  Will that change at some point?