PHP7 + Synth issue

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Wed Feb 17 14:05:17 UTC 2016

Hi!

> > The long term solution will be switching to mysqli or pdo_mysql which is
> > provided by php70 (and php55/56), I am working right now on cleaning up
> > the pecl ports, after that I'll go and check which port can switch already.

> The problem with that approach is that his tree is broken now.
> His choice is don't build at all or don't use php 7.0.
>
> I think it's something that needs attention now unless the intent is to
> say, "don't use php7 yet, it is not ready for prime time" (which is
> possible)

The PHP eco-system is so huge that one can say that even php56 is
not yet ready for prime time 8-)

So: Everyone knows that php70 has open issues, miwi and others are
tracking them down, and if users/testers submit problem reports via
bugzilla, it helps enormously.

It will settle the next few weeks.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !