textproc/xqilla shared lib question

Henry Chan hchan at enbala.com
Tue Feb 16 01:38:43 UTC 2016

Hello,

I recently upgraded textproc/xqilla from version 2.3.0_3,1 to 2.3.2,1 and I have noticed that my applications have stopped working. The main problem is that libxqilla.so.6 is not found after the upgrade, only libxqilla.so.4.2.0 is available. Doing a pkg info for xqilla shows that libxqilla.so.4 is provided.

The pkg-plist also shows libxqilla.so.4.

The main question is: Why did the version go from 6 to 4?

Here is the pkg info for xqilla for both versions:

Name           : xqilla
Version        : 2.3.2,1
Installed on   : Mon Feb 15 15:15:11 2016 PST
Origin         : textproc/xqilla
Architecture   : freebsd:10:x86:64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : textproc
Licenses       : APACHE20
Maintainer     : ports at FreeBSD.org
WWW            : http://xqilla.sourceforge.net
Comment        : XQuery and XPath2 library
Options        :
        DOXYGEN        : off
Shared Libs required:
        libtidy-0.99.so.0
        libxerces-c-3.1.so
Shared Libs provided:
        libxqilla.so.4
Annotations    :
        repo_type      : binary
        repository     : FreeBSD
Flat size      : 16.1MiB
Description    :
XQilla is an XQuery and XPath 2 library and command line utility written
in C++, implemented on top of the Xerces-C library.

Name           : xqilla
Version        : 2.3.0_3,1
Installed on   : Mon Nov  2 15:08:30 2015 PST
Origin         : textproc/xqilla
Architecture   : freebsd:10:x86:64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : textproc
Licenses       : APACHE20
Maintainer     : ports at FreeBSD.org
WWW            : http://xqilla.sourceforge.net
Comment        : XQuery and XPath2 library
Options        :
        DOCS           : off
Shared Libs required:
        libstdc++.so.6
        libxerces-c-3.1.so
Shared Libs provided:
        libxqilla.so.6
Annotations    :
        repo_type      : binary
        repository     : qa
Flat size      : 17.6MiB
Description    :
XQilla is an XQuery and XPath 2 library and command line utility written
in C++, implemented on top of the Xerces-C library.

Thanks
Henry