Removing documentation

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Mon Feb 15 20:40:17 UTC 2016

John Marino wrote:
> On 2/15/2016 6:32 PM, Roger Marquis wrote:
>
>>> This makes no sense.  Ports are not tied to base releases.
>>> And you think lack of developer resources is an invalid reason?
>>>
>> There was no mid-release issue with base as far as I know.  The issue was
>> with ports and by extension pkgng (and related -ngs).
>>

> ports are developed independently.  They do not follow release
> schedules.  Ports have to support all supported releases, that's the
> only connection.

Yeah, I'd agree with this... except...

pkg_* tools don't exist on 10.x only pkgng...  that makes it base os
thing.. even if it's downloaded in/via ports..

So sorry don't claim it's only part of the ports system, because whilst
it maybe built and administered there, the tools it replaced were
removed from the base OS at the very beginning of 10.x...

Michelle

--
Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/