FreeBSD Port: deskutils/calibre

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Sat Feb 13 11:37:37 UTC 2016

## Alex V. Petrov (alexvpetrov at gmail.com):

> /usr/ports/deskutils/calibre/work/stage/usr/local/share/bash-completion/completions/calibre
> Setting up desktop integration...

The install is hanging in a call to xdg-desktop-menu (from devel/xdg-utils).
I haven't come around to fully debugging this, but the genral code path
to the problem in xdg-desktop-menu is in function make_lazy_default,
where grep is called - presumably on a file, but as the variable holding
the filename is empty/unset, grep waits for input on stdin. See ps
for confirmation.
As I've no use for these xdg-menus and the shell scripting in xdg-utils
brought up memories of more eldritch horrors than I've time for, I just
disabled the call to make_lazy_default and left the whole thing sitting
on my TODO list :/.

HTH,
Christoph

--