PHP7 package?

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Thu Feb 11 15:36:11 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 2/11/16 10:12 AM, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> In fact, I'd guess there are hundreds of PECL modules
>> in the ports tree that either have not been updated to PHP 7.0 upstream
>> or have not been updated in the ports tree if they have been updated
>> upstream.
>
> List of PECL modules:
>
> portfind pecl | wc -l
>       137
>
> Maybe put the list in the wiki, and start some upgrade orgy ?
>
> Sounds 'somewhat' doable.

That's fewer than I'd have thought, but there are also ports like
php56-redis which don't show up as "pecl" though they are in the PECL
repo. The current port uses a GH source. See
https://pecl.php.net/package/redis and
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/databases/php56-redis/Makefile?revision=403460&view=markup
for an example. In fact, that GH source is also outdated and results in
a redirect.

root at rubicon:~ # curl -I https://github.com/nicolasff/phpredis
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Server: GitHub.com