Removing documentation

Alphons van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Wed Feb 10 22:32:12 UTC 2016

Freddie Cash wrote:

>> A) An option is added
>> B) An option is removed
>> C) An option default changed.
>> D) Any other option configuration changed.
>>
>> Synth is the *only* tool that detects this.

> ???portmaster used to do this; was this option removed?  It was one of the
> nicer features of portmaster and really came in handy in the past.
>
> Haven't used portmaster since 9.something when pkg really became useful
> and I stopped building anything from source, so maybe this feature was
> removed????

???Between all the question marks???? (sorry, I just can't help myself) I
can reveal that Portmaster detects at least some of the above kinds of
changes. Perhaps not all four, but at least some (if not most).

I suspect it's probably not so much a matter of a feature having been
removed, but rather of Portmaster insufficiently keeping up with the ports
infrastructure in general and the options framework in particular. It's an
orphaned port after all.

Just an observation.

Fonz

--