maintaining portmaster ? was: Re: Removing documentation

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Wed Feb 10 05:47:56 UTC 2016

On 2016-Feb-09 21:24:56 +0100, Kurt Jaeger <lists at opsec.eu> wrote:
>Torsten wrote:
>
>> I did take a look. I could do both: maintaining the port and maintaining
>> the software. What do you need? ;)
>
>Submit patches to the 12 PRs open for portmaster:
>
>https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=portmaster

That is just being silly.

I'd start by triaging those bugs.  One is clearly a kernel bug,
another maybe a bug in a different port and one is described as a
feature request.  The remaining 9 may or may not still be bugs in
portmaster that are still relevant.  Providing a patch for one of
the bugs would probably be sufficient for demonstrating interest
and ability.

--
Peter Jeremy