Removing documentation

John Marino freebsdml at marino.st
Mon Feb 8 22:15:51 UTC 2016

On 2/8/2016 11:07 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> I think you're missing the point.  If this were the criterion for
> becoming maintainer, there's a good chance that nobody would
> volunteer.  Your suggestion would work in a corporate environment, but
> that's not us.

I have said repeatedly that this criteria is unique to portmaster due to
it's presence in the handbook and to its [apparent] importance in the
ports ecosystem.

I am NOT saying this is the criteria for every port.  However, I would
rather nobody volunteer if they aren't qualified so that decisions
aren't kicked down the road like a can. I'm not looking to check a box
resulting in no improvement, I want somebody qualified or not at all.