Removing documentation

John Marino freebsdml at marino.st
Mon Feb 8 13:47:33 UTC 2016

On 2/8/2016 2:40 PM, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 03:21:49PM +0100, John Marino wrote:
>> Anybody proposing to be maintainer, in my opinion, should first be
>> required to take over every open PR in bugzilla
>
> thus ensuring that no one would ever take it.

If the candidate is incapable of handling the PRs, why should s/he be
annointed the maintainer?

If, by making them the maintainer, they are expected to fix the PRs,
what difference does the action order make?

If it's the right person, the result will be that all known issues are
fixed and portmaster has a proven capable maintainer.

That's a bad thing?  Proving qualifications is a bad thing?
This is not just any port, and it's difficult to maintain, so pardon me
if I'd like some proof.

JOhn