port maintainer address

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Sat Feb 6 06:34:09 UTC 2016

Hi!

> A year ago I was receiving loads of spam email on the maintainer email
> addresses used in the ports makefile. I created bug tickets to change
> the user name part of the email address for all the ports I maintain,
> but some how I missed the qjail2 port. Now that port says its maintained
> by ports at FreeBSD.org and the spam email has stopped.
>
> Since bugzilla uses the port maintainer email address as the way to
> identify the port maintainer, I no longer can post updates to qjail2
> port.

We'll understand that the patch comes from you, so just submit it.

> Why has Freebsd NOT done something to protect their port maintainers
> from spam.

Because if you think that not having the mail adress in the port
protects you from spam, this probably will not scale. Spam defense
is not a task the FreeBSD project can also take on, in addition
to all the others.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !