[moved from toolchain] GCC5: pkg vs. ports

Thu Feb 4 08:17:28 UTC 2016

On 03.02.2016 22:03, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

> *Eeeeeek* (RTFM), I use pkg by default, ports only when necessary
> (graphite for gcc5, flash for firefox/opera, etc.), so I am not as
> familiar w/ ports ai I should be :-/ ....

If you need individual options for ports more often for more than one pc
have a look at poudriere.

I have a poudriere server building all my pkg-packages with the
different options my different servers need. This allows me to stay with
pkg at the single server and have full flexibility in management of my
ports.

Greetings,
Torsten