FreeBSD Port: samba44-4.4.8

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 30 09:54:19 UTC 2016

Le 29/12/2016 à 22:11, Timur I. Bakeyev a écrit :

>> reason... BTW,

>> default option set fails. Samba can't depend on openldap-sasl if its
>> databases/ldb dependency depends on openldap (without sasl).
>> depend on openldap-sasl.
>>> Hi, Adam!
>>>
>>> I've seen the reports and think to upgrade ldb to work with ldap-sasl
>> version instead. In general, handling of SASL in LDAP package isn't
>> graceful, while libraries by themselves are interchangeable, pkg sees them
>> as entirely different ones :(
>>
>> Agreed, it's really ugly. Does samba require SASL-enabled OpenLDAP? Keep
>> in mind that if ldb and samba* require openldap-sasl, then every port that
>> depends on either of them might require adding WANT_OPENLDAP_SASL too.
>>
> Luckily, there aren't many ports that directly depend on samba* or ldb*. I
> believe most of the time samba is run dependency rather that build
> dependency.

It is not really a question of not much ports depending on samba or not,
the ldap "kind" (sasl or not) should be a global default, not a per port
setting. As it is now, you can't install a package that needs ldap, and
a package that needs ldap-sasl at the same time.

> P.S> I really wonder, what was the problem with svn.freebsd.org(213.138.116.72)
> yesterday, so I couldn't connect for half a day.

Why do you need to access svn.freebsd.org ? You are a committer, you
only need to access repo.freebsd.org.

--
Mathieu Arnold