Samba43 install error

Gerard Seibert carmel_ny at outlook.com
Thu Dec 29 10:27:02 UTC 2016

> Am 28.12.2016 um 14:32 schrieb Gerard Seibert:
> > I am unable to update samba43. The following error message is displayed:
> >
> > samba43-4.3.13 cannot install: SASL support requested and
> > openldap-client-2.4.44  is installed.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> > make: stopped in /usr/ports/net/samba43
> >

> make sure you have in your make.conf (if poudriere user, use
> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf):
>
> WANT_OPENLDAP_SASL=yes
>
> Rerun poudriere to rebuild all necessary dependencies including samba43.
>
> Gruß
> Matthias

I have been given two workable suggestons for building (updating) the port; however, the bottom line is that there is a serious problem with the port to begin with. These manual fixes required to just get the port to build should not be required. I would hope that the port maintainer would correct them.

--
Carmel