The ports collection has some serious issues

Wed Dec 21 11:37:56 UTC 2016

On 21.12.2016 12:32, John Marino wrote:
> On 12/21/2016 01:23, Jim Trigg wrote:
>> Therefore my first
>> assumption was that the problem was the new tool I had just started
>> using. Note: while my phrasing may have been poor, I was not meaning to
>> imply that the tool (poudriere) was necessarily broken, just that I
>> couldn't figure out what was going wrong and that it seemed (based on my
>> data sample) to be poudriere rather than the port. Having now tested
>> using the ports tree directly (make -C
>> /usr/ports/databases/php70-pdo_mysql on a basically clean ports tree
>> with "OPTIONS_SET+= ZTS" in /etc/make.conf) and gotten the same failure
>> as with poudriere, I now have no idea how it worked in portmaster, and
>> acknowledge that it is a problem with the port.
>
> Okay, good.
> Any time you can produce an error with poudriere, it should be easy for
> others to reproduce as well which confirms the error.

The bug was already reported and fixed, but this was not very
transparent for users. I need to dig into the framework to find a
solution (and another user hit by the problem was a little bit faster
than me).

For PHP 7.0 i added a message to make thinks more clear in:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/429051

Greetings,
Torsten