Using the license framework to define a port with distribution restrictions

Carsten Larsen cs at innolan.dk
Sun Dec 18 10:46:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a question in relation to the FreeBSD license framework and how
to define a port with distribution restrictions. The port in question is
devel/vasm port.

The legal section of documentation (1.2) for this port is at:
http://sun.hasenbraten.de/vasm/release/vasm.html

It is not clear to me how it should be done. So far I have the following
proposal which seems to keep portlint happy:

LICENSE=        EULA
LICENSE_NAME_EULA=      vasm End User License Agreement
LICENSE_TEXT_EULA=      \
                 vasm is copyright in 2002-2016 by Volker Barthelmann. \
                 This archive may be redistributed without modifications
and used for non-commercial purposes. \
                 Distributing modified versions and commercial usage
needs my written consent. \
                 Certain modules may fall under additional copyrights.
LICENSE_PERMS_EULA=     pkg-mirror dist-mirror

Would the above be sufficient in relation to the legal concerns of this
port ? I am also considering if the LICENSE_TEXT should only consists of
"Distributing modified versions and commercial usage needs my written
consent."

All (relevant) input would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Carsten Larsen