Hash changes in the freebsd-ports GitHub mirror

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 2 09:49:20 UTC 2016

Le 02/12/2016 à 10:40, Raphael Kubo da Costa a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I tried running `git pull` a few minutes ago and had a ton of conflicts.
>
> It turns out all hashes after c96fb0418e545a569b5975b4d878a30a948c29d5
> ("fix issues related with USES=fonts" from 2015-07-18, aka r392404) are
> now different in all GitHub branches.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this? Was this change intentional?

It may be related to the fact that the git repository is made from the
public http repository, which is a mirror of the official repository
made with svnmirror (I think?) and that that mirroring thing was
dropping commit that had no files in them. (Aka forced commits.)

Things may have been fixed.

(It's the reason my fork[1] is not really a fork, it was redone using
repo.freebsd.org as its source)

Or maybe it is not related and I don't know what I'm talking about.

1: https://github.com/mat813/freebsd-ports/

--
Mathieu Arnold