mariadb10* ports broken on 9.x since last commit

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Aug 31 17:03:18 UTC 2016

August 31, 2016 12:37 AM, "Bernard Spil" <brnrd at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 2016-08-30 17:45, Doug Barton wrote:
>
>> Since the last commit to the mariadb10* ports the resulting binaries
>> dump core on 9.3-RELEASE-p43, even for a simple --help option. I am
>> assuming that is not the intended result ....
>> Doug
>
> Hi Doug,
>
> Nope, that is not intended. Assume this is the 10.0.27 update? I did build them on 9.3 but have not
> checked the resulting binaries... Will need some time to investigate!
>
> https://brnrd.eu/poudriere/build.html?mastername=93amd64-svn&build=2016-08-29_20h14m28s

Thanks Bernard.

It turns out that the actual problem was binutils. I backed up several revisions of mariadb, past the previous working version, and had the same symptoms. Then I started on the deps that had changed at the same time, and fortunately I guessed right on the first one.

Backing up to -r{2016-08-25} on binutils got mariadb working with the latest version.

Doug