FreeBSD Port: noip-2.1.9_3

James A. McGuire j.a.mcguire at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:17:47 UTC 2016

Hi there,

Since no-ip introduced their policy to remove non-updated subdomains every
30 days.  I have to manually go to the no-ip website and confirm that I
wish to keep my subdomain.  I believe the reason for this is that my ISP is
only updating my dynamic IP address every 60-90 days, and I believe that
the no-ip client is therefore not sending updates to no-ip.

Is this the case and if so, can this behaviour be modified so that the
client will issue an update to the no-ip servers within 30 days even if the
IP has not changed?

Many thanks,

James