Upcoming OpenSSL 1.1.0 release

Chris chrcoluk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:23:26 UTC 2016

On 22 August 2016 at 19:39, Mathieu Arnold <mat at freebsd.org> wrote:
> ports-committers is a *NEVER POST DIRECTLY TO* list, so, moving it to
> ports@ where this belongs a lot more.
>
> +--On 22 août 2016 20:30:15 +0200 Bernard Spil <brnrd at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> | Curious to know how we should procede with the upgrade of the OpenSSL
> | port to 1.1.0!
>
> All ports need to work with it, I'm sure software like BIND9 do not build
> with it.
>
> --
> Mathieu Arnold
complete chaos on my lan box with openssl-devel port (1.1.0) os 10.3

failed ports on complilation

openssh-portable - missing evp function nmap - missing md4 function
libssh2 - missing evp function wget - missing evp function
proftpd - missing evp function ruby - missing evp function
net-snmp - missing evp function python27 - compiles but then make
install fails missing hashlib and ssl.sl files
libarchive - archive_libcryptor linker error
apr1 - missing evp function
serf - bio bucket read function missing
openvpn - ctx error
libevent - missing bio_buffervent
nghttp2 (this and rest stopped looking for error type)
apache24
curl

sucessful ports

exim