Forcing poudriere to rebuild a package and all dependencies

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 27 05:44:36 UTC 2016

On 8/26/2016 3:21 PM, Russell L. Carter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I'm in the middle of jumping a herd of 6 boxen from 10.3 to 11, and

Upgrading/Replacing a poudriere jail from 10.3 to 11 normally would
rebuild all packages since there would either be no packages in the new
jail (if using a name such as 10-amd64 and 11-amd64), or it would
rebuild all packages for the major version updating (if you used a
simple jail name like 'foo').

So I'm not sure how you don't have all packages rebuilding in that case.

How did you upgrade your jail from 10.3 to 11?