xfce - confusing rights to shutdown without polkit rules

Olivier Duchateau olivierd at freebsd.org
Tue Aug 23 14:28:23 UTC 2016

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 16:44:32 +0300
abi at abinet.ru wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have something mysterious on my installation. I reinstalled, but I
> still have the issue.
>
> xfce4-session states that I must write ck rules to get rights for reboot
> and shutdown. However, I have all rights (reboot, shutdown, suspend
> hibernate) without any rules at all. All I need is start session with
> --with-ck-launch. My user has no additional predefined groups and after
> reinstall I have xfce only.
>
> Maybe I decade :) ago, I remember that ck rules was mandatory. What I'm
> missing ? I feel frustrated - it's the first time FreeBSD game me more
> rights, not less =/

Hi,

You need to write your own polkit rules, for shutdown, reboot, suspend and so on.

See pkg info -D xfce4-session

Stop to launch your session with option --with-ck-launch (usually it's wrong) x11-wm/xfce4-session provides xinitrc script, uses it!

For more details, see this thread on the forum [1] and my Xfce's FAQ [2].

Regards,

[1] https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/53490/
[2] https://people.freebsd.org/~olivierd/xfce-faq.html

Olivier Duchateau <olivierd at freebsd.org>