fontconfig update uglifies fonts

Russell L. Carter rcarter at pinyon.org
Tue Aug 23 13:57:02 UTC 2016

On 08/22/16 19:41, Pierre Guinoiseau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can I suggest replacing Bitstream Vera with DejaVu? Bitstream Vera fonts
> have been unmaintained for more than 12 years and have a lot of hinting
> issues, whereas DejaVu fonts are a very popular and well maintained fork
> of them and have a very nice hinting. It might fix your issue and you
> won't notice the difference.

Ok, thank you for the suggestion.  My how the years fly by.  I now
have DejaVu running in emacs and it's not bad, but not quite as good
as Bitstream Vera.  If it solves the other font issues I can live with
it.  I'm in the middle of bringing up 11/stable and then I have to
rebuild 1000+ ports so I'll start back again on fonts (sigh) if I need
to once that's done.

Best,
Russell