php7-extensions PDF (PECL-PDFLIB) fails

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 21 11:46:56 UTC 2016

On 21/08/2016 11:27, Andy Wodfer wrote:
> I recently upgraded to 10.3 REL on a test server. I'm trying to install all
> the latest versions for Apache, mysql, php and so on.
>
> php7 is installed and works perfectly with apache. However, I couldn't
> install the extension pecl-pdflib from the php7 extensions port, it fails
> with the message doesn't supprt php7.
>
> ===>   phpMyAdmin-4.6.0 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/php/20151012/openssl.so
> - found
> ===>   Returning to build of phpMyAdmin-4.6.0
> ===>   phpMyAdmin-4.6.0 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/php/20151012/pdf.so
> - not found
> ===>  pecl-pdflib-3.0.4 cannot be installed: doesn't work with lang/php70
> port (doesn't support PHP 70).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/print/pecl-pdflib
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin
>
> I need this extension to create PDF files from an application my client is
> running. Anyone?

Ah, so you definitely need the pdflib extension?  That means your only
option here is to downgrade to php-5.6 I'm afraid.  (Otherwise you could
simply have dropped the PDF support from phpMyAdmin.)

Hmmm... it's odd that there's apparently no fix freely available to make
pecl-pdflib work with php-7 by this late date.  There is apparently
something commercially available from the pdflib people themselves, but
obviously, you have to pay for that:

https://www.pdflib.com/fileadmin/pdflib/System_Requirements/PDFlib-9.0.7-system-requirements.txt

Also, no idea if phpMyAdmin can use the PHP bindings there.

	Cheers,

	Matthew