poudriere: howto build ports with 'make -j x'?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Aug 11 07:50:18 UTC 2016

El día Saturday, August 06, 2016 a las 02:13:39PM -0400, Ultima escribió:

> If you plan on running build in parallel it maybe necessary to also
> set MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER_LIMIT= into the make.conf file as well.

I have a list of some 270 ports which poudriere should work through with
3 builders, resulting in some 1700 ports to build:

poudriere bulk -f /usr/local/etc/poudriere-list -J 3 -j freebsd-head -p ports-head

This list does not include some ports which are verry time consuming on
my hardware (2 CPU 3.7 GHz) like

www/firefox
www/chromium
editors/openoffice-devel
editors/libreoffice

These I do run as single steps each from a shell script

poudriere bulk -j freebsd-head -p ports-head www/firefox
poudriere bulk -j freebsd-head -p ports-head www/chromium

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Ohne die Mauer hätte es Krieg gegeben" Fritz Streletz u.a.