Clamd core dumps

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Tue Aug 9 16:13:29 UTC 2016

Kubilay Kocak <koobs at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 9/08/2016 11:07 AM, Dima Panov wrote:
>> 09.08.16 10:05, Doug Hardie пишет:

>>> I just upgraded a mail server from 9.3 to 11.0-BETA4.  clamav worked fine on 9.3.  However, after upgrading it and reinstalling the package clamd core dumps just after reading all the signatures.
[…]
>> Let me guess. ClamAV was built with LLVM/Jit support? It's broken for
>> now as Clamav can use only LLVM <3.7 and base system provide llvm 3.8.
>>
>> Try to rebuild without LLVM/Jit, this solved crashdumps for me.

> Dima,
>
> Should we set BROKEN on OSVERSION > X with that option?

ClamAV is widely used, thus many will run into this issue after upgrading to 11 (as I did as well).

I am not that much familiar with possible implications if set to BROKEN, and I do not know why one would need Jit support either, but I do recommend that this needed modification to an option should be mentioned in /usr/ports/UPDATING.

Regards,
Michael