building ports with poudriere with CFLAGS=-O0 -g and no strip

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Aug 4 05:21:13 UTC 2016

El día Wednesday, August 03, 2016 a las 11:56:49AM -0700, Don Lewis escribió:

> On  3 Aug, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm re-build some 100 ports in a poudriere jail r292778 amd64 and ports from r414411 with
> >
> > CFLAGS=-O0 -g
> > CXXFLAGS=-O0 -g
> >
> > in the jails make.conf file to nail down or at least get a gdb backtrace
> > of the astro/stellarium which crashes on start;
>
> If it is crashing very early, run ldd on the executable and checked to
> see if it is linked to both libstdc++ and libc++.  My experience is that
> it is a fatal combination.  This happens if it is using some libraries
> containing c++ code compiled with g++, and other libraries containing
> c++ code compilied with clang++, or all of the libraries compiled with
> one compiler and the application compiled with the other.  All of the
> c++ code needs to use the same toolchain, which can be a PITA to
> untangle, since changing the toolchain for one port can break other
> ports that depend on it.

Thanks for the hint, but it seems to be fine re/ c++ lib:

$ ldd /usr/local/bin/stellarium | fgrep ++
	libc++.so.1 => /usr/lib/libc++.so.1 (0x803e7c000)

When it crashes, it has already done a lot of config stuff and is
putting the GUI on screen; this appears as a small 300x300 pixel window
on screen, knowing already the location, but it can not resize to full
screen. I have a photo of it if someone is interested to see it
off-list.

I want to get a bt to know where to look next.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Wer übersieht, dass wir uns den anderen weggenommen haben und sie uns wiederhaben wollen,