Fwd: ipfw divert filter for IPv4 geo-blocking (port?)

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Tue Aug 2 05:32:25 UTC 2016

Is there a ports committer who could take this in?
Since this announcement, he's made several fixes and enhancements,
including the ability
to directly populate ipfw tables with country ranges etc.

Very useful, and we should have it in ports, probably in net-mgmt/
I've kicked the tires and it performs as advertised .

The Makefiles work well for installing on FreeBSD-current and 11 but
someone who knows ports makefiles better than I could probably knock
up a port for it in about 3 minutes flat.

I'm not sure what name he would like it to go under..  the geoip
program (which I find more interesting) came later,
but as a better name I think.
Can we import directly from github?  do we keep a copy in our cache if
we do? (I guess we could get the zip file..)

Julian