Compiling binutils-2.25.1 failed

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Thu Apr 14 13:30:50 UTC 2016

Willem Offermans wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD friends,
>
> I have inherited an ``old'' FreeBSD server. I like to bring it up to date.
> However I have problems to compile binutils-2.25.1.
>
> config.status: executing default-1 commands
> config.status: executing bfd_stdint.h commands
> config.status: executing default commands
> gmake[4]: Entering directory
> .
.
.

> Can someone give me a hint to solve this issue?

Not a very helpful answer... but the way the ports tree and OS has been
pushed into breakage on older systems, the only solution now seems to be
'try and find a precompiled package' otherwise, freebsd-update to the
latest and then update the ports or erase and start again... Sorry for
your pain.

--
Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/